Preschool Daycare Program3 to 6 years old
Our Preschool Daycare is designed to engage and foster healthy children through individualized routines, including physical movement and motor skills, language and literacy development, and social and emotional learning. Children must be potty trained in order to enter our Preschool Daycare program.
We prepare our lesson plans on the individual needs of each child and incorporate group time activities. We provide the opportunity for children to benefit from the diversity in our school and the community. We also encourage our families to be involved and share their cultures. Preschoolers must be ages 3 to 6.
At the Good Child Development Center, goals for the children include developing:
- A positive self-image
- An appreciation and understanding of one’s own talents, skills and accomplishments
- A positive attitude and desire toward school
- How to share one’s abilities and contribute to others in a cooperative way
- An appreciation for culture and the arts
Inquire about Preschool Child Care
Our curriculum is based on CT ELDS (Connecticut Early Learning & Developmental Standards) where we strive to meet their standards including:
- Experience and understand the cause and effect of different choices and actions.
- A comprehension of scheduled daily activities and following routines.
- Take on pretend roles and situations to better understand interaction and role play.
Language and Literacy Development:
- Reading books together as a group and allowing a kids’ book choice.
- Learning to sing songs together.
- Exploring how different communication mediums work such as the newspaper’s weather section, stencils, letter cards, stamps and envelopes.
- Experiencing outdoor play with other children.
- Playing group activities including “Duck, Duck, Goose!”.
Gross and Fine Motor Skills:
- Acting out creative play using props.
- Learning how to build all kinds of structures using our block center.
- Experiencing playing with different toys like trains and tracks, cars, duplo blocks, tool bench, doll house, etc.
Social and Emotional Learning:
- Large group activities creating graphed responses to favorite farm animals or foods and learning collaborative singing of songs.
- Dramatic play will include an introduction to snow clothes, snow clothes free play, snow clothes and “fireplace”, and hot chocolate.
- Preschoolers will create their own art that will include pigs, cows, horses, wishy washy pigs.
- Explore the visual arts.
- Winter hat coloring & cotton balls, glitter icicles, snowflake/blizzard with white paint and black paper, snowman plates, free choice for color and paint.
Math & Science:
- Children will learn how and where we get milk, and the milking of cows, by using gloves use as utters
- Uses scientific inquiry skills.
- Learn about snow (bare hands), snow with markers, snow with shovels, make snowballs and snowmen.
The following is a sample of what our Preschoolers here experience each day:
06:45 – 07:30AM – Arrival / free play
07:30 – 08:30AM – Learning centers open. Our learning centers are: Library Corner, Dramatic Play Area, Housekeeping Corner, Block Corner, Table Activities (Children may choose what area they want to play in)
08:30 – 09:00AM – Diapering/ toileting – depending on the child’s development
09:00 – 09:20AM – Snack (Provided for by the parents)
09:20 – 10:00AM – Activity Time – A planned activity that the children can participate in if they wish. This can be anything from art to gross motor/fine motor skill enhancement.
10:00 – 10:10AM – Clean Up Time
10:10 – 11:00AM – Outdoor play / walk
11:00 – 11:20AM – Circle Time – which consists of singing, stories and music/movement
11:20 – 11:30AM – Wash hands – lunch preparations
11:30 – 12:00PM – Lunch (Provided for by the parents)
12:00 – 12:30PM – Lunch clean up / diapering/ toileting
12:30 – 03:00PM – Nap time – naps can be adjusted shorter or longer per child’s needs.
03:00 – 03:30PM – Diapering / toileting
03:30 – 03:50PM – Snack (provided for by parents)
03:50 – 04:00PM – Clean up
04:00 – 05:00PM – Outdoor play/walk
05:00 – 05:30PM – Free play and departure