Infant Child Care Program6 weeks to 14-16 months
Our curriculum is based on the CT ELDS (Connecticut Early Learning & Developmental Standards) where we strive to meet their standards in many areas including:
- Encourage learning through play with fun activitives.
- Using all senses to explore their environment.
- Begin to react to new objects and develop new interests.
- Solve simple challenges through observation and repetition.
- Learn to use non-verbal communication to indicate wants, needs and interests.
- Interactive book learning through picture identification.
Language and Literacy Development:
- Learn to respond to hearing own name.
- Learn to respond to positive facial expressions.
- Begin to understand taking turns with conversation.
- Learn to carry out simple directions.
- Speech development using gestures or beginning words.
- Encourage development of physical milestones such as head control in various positions and during transitional movements and rolling over in both directions.
- Develop walking such as pull to stand, stand alone, stepping, cruising furniture and pulling a toy.
Gross and Fine Motor Skills:
- Develop gross motor skills using sensory balls by rolling across the floor and rolling after them.
- Develop fine motor skills by using hand held items such as paint brushes with water and paper.
Social and Emotional Learning:
- Form attachment to familiar adults.
- Encourage self soothing behaviors.
- Develop sense of self by recognizing self in mirror.
- Express emotions through facial expressions and gestures.
- Singing and clapping along with songs.
At the Good Child Development Center, goals for the children include developing:
- A desire to learn and view learning as an ongoing, inclusive experience
- A sound, strong, healthy body
- An appreciation of family, friends, community and the differences among people
Inquire about Infant Child Care
The following is a sample of what our infants here experience each day:
06:45 – 09:00AM – Arrival / free play / Diapering*** / Wash up for breakfast
09:00 – 09:30AM – Breakfast Served *
09:30 – 10:00AM – Activity Time **
10:00 – 11:00AM – Outdoor play / walk
11:00 – 11:30AM – Change Diapers *** / get washed up for lunch
11:30 – 12:30PM – Lunch *
12:30 – 02:30PM – Nap time – naps can be adjusted shorter or longer per child’s needs.
02:30 – 03:00PM – Change Diapers ***/ Wash up for snack
03:00 – 03:30PM – Afternoon Snack *
03:30 – 04:30PM – Activity time **
04:30 – 05:30PM – Free play and departure
*Children are given bottles and food based on their individual schedules. Children transitioning to our Toddler Program will follow the School Meal Times that are posted.
** Throughout the day, we sing songs, read stories, do finger plays, create sensory art, practice crawling, walking, rolling a ball.
*** Diapers are changed every 2 hours, unless they need to be changed sooner.